- swissQuant’s real-time risk engine, CleaRisQ, has been adopted by EuroCCP, the leading pan-European clearing house, for cash equity and equity derivatives clearing
- CleaRisQ has measured real time risk on 4.95m transactions and EUR 25.4 billion a day at EuroCCP (Source: EuroCCP, H1 2021 figures)
- CleaRisQ’s advanced risk technology supports transaction volumes of plus 100m transactions per day and advanced risk methodologies
swissQuant Group (SQG), a leading technology firm serving FMI’s and banks globally, is pleased to announce that EuroCCP has gone live with the Equity Index Futures and Options Risk Modules on CleaRisQ, the firm’s state-of-the-art real-time Risk Engine. This follows EuroCCP’s adoption of CleaRisQ for cash equities in Q2, 2021.
Greg Campbell, Head of Derivatives Technologies at SQG, said: “We are delighted that EuroCCP chose to partner with SQG to deploy a real-time risk system. CleaRisQ provides EuroCCP with superior capabilities for calculating risk on their current suite of cleared products. Should EuroCCP require it, there is upside capacity to process over 100 million transactions per day. Operating as a highly regulated and critical market infrastructure provider it was vital for EuroCCP that CleaRisQ is able to support a best practice risk methodology (Filtered Historical Simulation Value at Risk), coupled with stress testing, backtesting and sensitivity analysis capabilities – all in one system. Clearing members also benefit from read-only real time analytics including ‘what-if’ trade simulations.”
Jonathan Tran, Chief Risk Officer at EuroCCP, commented: “We are excited to have extended our partnership with SQG. They have a strong reputation for their risk technology expertise and their CleaRisQ system enables us to execute on our European cash equity and equity derivatives growth strategy”.
Ed Hughes, Chief Technology Officer at EuroCCP, commented: “The replacement and integration of a risk system is a significant undertaking and launching with CleaRisQ is a major milestone for EuroCCP. SwissQuant have been a strong partner on this initiative, through the initial launch for cash equities and subsequent extension to derivatives.”
swissQuant (SQG) is a leading Financial Market Technology Firm based in Zurich, Switzerland serving global FMIs, Clearing Houses, Asset Managers, Insurance companies and Wealth Managers. Driven by its best-in-class risk engine and one of the most sophisticated optimization engines in the world, the company is committed to improving worldwide financial resilience through the synthesis of advanced risk and wealth management methodologies. SQG’s portfolio of technologies and services include:
- ImpaQt, SQG’s scalable end-to-end investment advisory platform, with $1.8Tn AuM, enables asset managers and private banks to efficiently manage their portfolios, consider sustainable risk, and outperform using preference-driven portfolio optimization methodology.
- Risk Model Validation, Risk Model Development and advanced Financial Risk Consulting. In addition, AI based near-casting and ML for consumer data analytics.
- ‘CleaRisQ’, SQG’s capital markets risk engine provides FMIs, Digital Exchanges, Digital Banks, Investment Banks and Hedge Funds state-of-the-art, real-time, risk management capabilities on up to 100 million transactions / day.
To learn more, visit www.swissquant.com, connect via https://www.linkedin.com/company/swissquant-group-ag/mycompany/ or email email@example.com
European Central Counterparty N.V. (EuroCCP) is a leading pan-European central counterparty and owned by Cboe Global Markets. Headquartered in Amsterdam, EuroCCP provides safe and efficient equities clearing and settlement services throughout Europe. EuroCCP clears equities from 18 European markets, as well as US Depositary Receipts, ETFs and Currency ETCs. It recently started clearing for Cboe Europe Derivatives, a new, pan-European equity derivatives marketplace which offers futures and options based on Cboe Europe indices.
Contact at the swissQuant Group:
Greg Campbell, Head Derivatives Technologies